Friday, October 25, 2013

Spooktacular Halloween Blog Hop




  Ah, Halloween. That magical time of year when the veil between the living and the Otherworld is at its thinnest and there are spooky thrills abound. Everyone, from the time they're old enough to go trick or treating, loves this time of year, right? Well...maybe not everyone. Allow me to introduce myself. 

I'm...





  Yep. That's right. The Paranormal Author that regularly writes about Vampires and Werewolves is a big, fat


Scaredy Cat





  
 And, I know EXACTLY who to blame because it all started with this guy. 



Freddy Krueger




  I remember it like it was yesterday. I was nine or ten and, miracle of all miracles, we had HBO! Around Halloween, I was able to sneak in my Mom's room to watch the scary movies I'd been dying to see. 
  I watched Fright Night first. It wasn't that bad...okay, yes it was. It scared the bejezus out of me! But that was nothing, NOTHING compared with the mother of all horror flicks, Nightmare on Elm Street. Watching that movie was the biggest mistake of my life! I'm not exaggerating when I say that I got maybe 4 hours of sleep a night for the next three years.  Every time I went to bed, I was terrified, convinced that Freddy would suck me into his dream world through my bed and slice me up with that glove of his. Best of all, I had this cute, little rhyme to keep me company until I finally fell asleep mentally exhausted.





  Thankfully, now I'm older and a lot less scared (okay, marginally less scared) than my nine year old self. Today, my fears include, but aren't limited to, wondering if there's someone behind me in the shower (The Grudge), worrying that a demon is going to jump out of the closet (Sleepy Hollow), and being scared that I'll lose a limb to razor sharp blades if they hang off the bed (The Cell). 
  That's not too bad when you consider the amount of horror movies I've watched. Seriously, I'm surprised I sleep at all. 


See?!? There's a demon in the closet. I knew it!




  I bet you're wondering what a self-proclaimed scaredy cat does to celebrate Halloween , aren't you? 
Well, I'll tell you! I celebrate Halloween in ways that don't give me nightmares. 

Like...



The Halloween episodes of the sitcom, Roseanne
(I love her!)





And,


Decorating Pumpkins!
(I'm allergic, but that's a whole other nightmarish topic)




And last, but certainly not least,



Candy!
(Lots and lots of candy!)




  So, there you have it. Roseanne, pumpkins, and delicious candy are what makes my Halloween a lot less scary and whole lot more awesome! I hope that your Halloween is too! 

  Don't forget to enter the Rafflecopter for a fantastic Halloween giveaway courtesy of Sabrina's Paranormal Palace and Racing to Read!

JD Nelson





a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! After watching Nightmare on Elm Street as a kid, I refused to go in the basement at night, especially when the furnace would kick on. No way!

    ReplyDelete