Monday, August 1, 2011

July - A month of intense sun

July was full of surprises for me. I was surprised that 30 minutes of direct sunlight could burn me so bad that my ankles would actually swell up. I was even more surprised that electricity bills could actually go as high as $800.00 a month. I guess that could technically be considered a shock, instead of a surprise, as it nearly gave me a heart attack, but I'm thinking that I should somehow, take these two negatives and turn them into a positive. Like maybe, solar energy or something. Yeah, maybe that's the answer. Well, at least, it couldn't hurt.
As bad as all that seems, I wouldn't want you to think that last month was all bad. July also afforded me some good surprises too. One unforeseen marvel was how much I enjoyed going swimming over the last couple of weeks. I was, prior to the swimming trips, strictly anti-water. The family went swimming in the Pacific Ocean for the first time a couple of weeks ago and then we went swimming at the reservoir to cool off on a really hot day the weekend after. I didn't remember liking the water so much as I do now. Of course, I didn't have my family of crazy people to accompany me back then either. They can definitely make the day more interesting. I guess, for the experience, the sunburn was worth having those days with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment